We are the team formerly known as CS Web or web maintenance.
We have a new name, a new look and a new tool for making requests, but we're still the same team of experienced developers that you rely on for web support.Make a request
What we offer
Add, edit, replace or delete elements
Modify text, images, documents and other media on your website
Troubleshoot broken website features
Issues with website functionality, page not found or server errors, or other broken site elements
Provide access to databases, analytics or other accounts
Answer your questions
Here to answer your questions about your website
Personalized training on how to use your website
What to expect
Here’s what to expect once you make a request through our new system:
- Intake: We make sure we understand your request and have everything we need. If your page requires development, content or design strategy, we will reach out to properly scope the project and help you reach your goal.
- Execution: We assign the proper resource and get to work on your request.
- Approval: We confirm the work was completed correctly.
- Deployment: We push the completed request live to your website.
Tips for making a request
Guidelines to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Send requests anytime. Work is completed during normal business hours.
- Be specific. Include the URLs of the specific pages where changes are needed.
- Clarity is key. Use specific terms such as “delete,” “edit,” “replace” and “add.”
- Provide media. Attach any new files needed (e.g., images, pdfs, videos, documents).
We charge $75 per hour. A minimum of 15 minutes is charged per request.
The amount of time it takes to complete your request varies based on the complexity of the request and if we have everything we need to complete it.
Typical examples include:
- A request for a text edit or an image change (with image provided) for only one page of a website takes approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A request consisting of simple text and image changes for several pages of a website takes approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- A functionality issue takes approximately 2 to 4 hours.
- A consultation request to learn how to upload photos or pdfs to the media library takes approximately 1 hour.
Frequently asked questions
Who can use UR Digital’s services?
We can help any department or division within VCU as long as we’re able to gain access to your website. We support TERMINALFOUR (T4).
Can I still email firstname.lastname@example.org for web service requests?
CS Web will continue to accept emailed requests until July 20, 2018. The email service will permanently close after that.
- We want to start editing our site on our own. Can we have the login information?
You say my site has been updated. Why don't I see the changes?
If you don't see the requested updates on your website, try refreshing your browser or clearing its cache. If that doesn’t work, contact us by commenting on your ticket and let us know which browser you are using. If your ticket has already been closed, please create a new ticket.